Dtrace port status

John Birrell jb at what-creek.com
Fri Sep 21 14:54:11 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 09:14:27AM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> I see your problem. How about adding a char td_dtrace_reserved[some
> number] which can be cast into a dtrace structure in dtrace code but
> which is opaque to normal kernel code?

I am going to allocate the DTrace part like the scheduler stuff
gets allocated - at the end using the uma zone calls. That way
it will really be opaque. When the DTrace modules want to get at
their private variables they can just offset the thread pointer.
Unlike the td_sched, there won't be a pointer in the visible
struct thread to retain binary compatibility with the release.

--
John Birrell