cpdup into base?

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Fri Sep 21 14:53:58 PDT 2007

Hello,

<blah>
I just set up a intermediate backup server and copied some view hundred
Gig'bytes in a ssh session. Then it came to my mind that I'm on a dialup
line which get's cut at day change, so if my last 76G transfer wouldn't
finish before I had to repeat it.
My first fault was not to use "screen", but like I wrote it's a
improvised intermediate server.
Now if I had cpdup this wasn't a big problem...
Of course there's 'pkg_add -r', but I'm using -current and I don't know
if there's a working package, nor that it's fetchable.
</blah>

Is there anything against merging cpdup into base?

Thanks,

-Harry