tmpfs on contemporary -current: panic: locked against myself

LI Xin delphij at delphij.net
Mon Sep 17 09:18:13 PDT 2007

Nikolay Pavlov wrote:
[...]
> Yes it's still need more fixes. I have send a mail to delphij regarding
> this one panic:
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200708201848.22157.qpadla
> But with out any response. May be he is busy :(

Sorry I am aware of the issue and am busy for $REALJOB these days.  I
have cc'ed howardsu@ and mingyanguo@ to see if they have some
suggestions.  The problem seems to be a race condition caused by
incorrect VFS related locking, but diagnosing it is relatively hard.

I'll try to pick up with the development in early October.  Before that
I can only do some small scale bugfixes rather than investing more time
into tmpfs stuff... :-(

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/