Retirement of CAM_QUIRK_NOSERIAL

Christian Brueffer brueffer at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 15 00:34:46 PDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 10:12:52PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> All,
>
> The attached patch should make CAM behave properly with regard to
> probing device serial numbers only when the device advertises that
> it supports it.  It will hopefully eliminate the need for the
> CAM_QUIRK_NOSERIAL quirk (one instance is left because of an unrelated
> legacy problem that may or may not be possible to fix).  This should
> especially benefit USB-UMASS devices, where the console output should
> be less noisy.  It might even make more devices work out-of-the-box.
> So please focus testing on USB, but I'd also ask that people test
> the following devices as well as any firewire devices:
>
>  * Western Digital My Book 250GB (USB)
>  * Maxtor Personal Storage 3000XT (Firewire)

Works fine with an external FireWire enclosure here:

da0: <Oxford S OXFORD IDE Devic 0040> Fixed Simplified Direct Access SCSI-4 device

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc