problems: nvidia latest driver and 7.0-BETA1

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Wed Oct 31 07:16:46 PDT 2007

Hi,

Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
> On 10/31/07, Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com> wrote:
>
>> add to /boot/loader.conf
>> nvidia_load="YES"
>> and reboot.
>> May be you have device vga which blocks access to the card, so if you
>> load nvidia module before the kernel ..
>>

> i did it, and no good :(
>
> Michal Varga :
>
> this is a GeForce Go 7600 PCIe from an asus F3T notebook. when I
> installed the port, I didnt marl to use FreeBSD agp driver. so by this
> info I assume I'm using nvidia's. is that right ?
>
> it is really annoying using without the driver, I cant even watch a
> video. frame dropping and everything is slow :(
>
> I also tried the 97xx driver and no luck also :(
>
> matheus

Well I'm not sure what exactly is your problem, but this is how I get my
driver working:
/boot/loader.conf
nvidia_load="YES"
linux_load="YES"

cd /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver && make config
everything except AGP is selected.

I'm using and this sysctl - compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16
but nvidia driver should work without problems with default 2.4.2.

And your card is too new to use legacy driver :) just go for the latest.

Also if your card is detected you should have hw.nvidia.cards.0.XX too.

can you provide dmesg and pciconf -vl ?

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev