problems: nvidia latest driver and 7.0-BETA1

Nenhum_de_Nos matheusber at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:17:16 PDT 2007

first of all, since the RELENG_7 birth, I never know where to post
7.0-BETA stuff. well, here I go ...

this is a fresh BETA1 install, did it yesterday. xorg and half gnome
completed, I tried to make nvidia work and nothing.

the kernel module kldloads ok, but nothing gets posted to
dmesg(/var/log/messages)

there are some sysctl things:

[matheus at xxx /usr/home/matheus]$ sysctl hw.nvidia
hw.nvidia.version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  100.14.19  Tue Sep
18 13:59:09 PDT 2007
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableVia4x: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableALiAGP: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.NvAGP: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableAGPSBA: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableAGPFW: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.SoftEDIDs: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.Mobile: 4294967295
hw.nvidia.registry.ResmanDebugLevel: 4294967295
hw.nvidia.registry.FlatPanelMode: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.DevicesConnected: 0
hw.nvidia.registry.RmLogonRC: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.DetectPrimaryVga: 1
hw.nvidia.registry.dwords:

but no /dev/nvctl (or whatever it is) and when I startx it just says
me the /dev entry is not there and no fun at all can be :/

[matheus at darkside /usr/home/matheus]$ uname -a
FreeBSD xxx 7.0-BETA1 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1 #0: Tue Oct 30 00:28:27 BRT
2007     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/xxx  i386

if anyone has any clue, I'm using i386 just for nvidia(amd64 machine)

thanks,

matheus

--
We will call you cygnus,