/usr/share/man/man8/MAKEDEV.8

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 30 09:27:27 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-30 14:16, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Neat.  The base-system manpages which have errors or warnings are just a
> few of the hundreds we have.  I just finished running a slightly
> modified version of `/etc/periodic/weekly/330.catman', which uses
> `catman -v' and the list of files with errors (after a bit of manual
> parsing) is now:
>
> % Reformatting manual pages:
> % /usr/share/man: not writable - will only be able to write to existing cat directories
> % [...]

Hi again Jeremy.  The 'trigger' for using 330.catman and "catman -v" was
very useful indeed :)

I've fixed the following manpages in CURRENT, and will MFC the changes
after a while (given RE approval for RELENG_7):

    minherit.2, sctp_generic_recvmsg.2, sctp_generic_sendmsg.2,
    sctp_peeloff.2, ether_aton.3, gss_add_cred.3,
    gss_inquire_cred_by_mech.3, gss_inquire_mechs_for_name.3,
    gss_seal.3, gss_unseal.3, gss_wrap_size_limit.3, valloc.3, mac.4,
    md.4, quota.group.5, fwcontrol.8, ifmcstat.8, uio.9

There are still some errors/warnings in contrib manpages, like:

    readelf.1	 (binutils)
    lwres_gabn.3 (bind)
    lwres_gnba.3 (bind)
    lwres_noop.3 (bind)
    zlib.3	 (zlib)

I'll ask the respective contrib-code maintainers before making changes
here, to avoid taking files off the vendor branch if it's too bad.

There are also a couple of manpages with references to very long URIs,
which cannot be wrapped by nroff in a reasonable line-length:

    ng_netflow.4
    bluetooth.device.conf.5

I don't think we can easily fix these, without manually wrapping the
URIs, but that may 'break' copy/pasting of the URIs :/

- Giorgos