7.0-BETA1.5 ISO/ftp

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Thu Oct 25 19:42:59 PDT 2007

> No. fastest_cvsup is a separate Perl script which is independent
> from CVSup or csup. If you want to use fastest_cvsup you will have to
> install it separately.
>>
>> Does csup at this point use my existing supfile(s) and just change
>> the server on the fly?
>
> csup is intended as a replacement for cvsup.  It should use the
> existing supfiles and behave just like CVSup does - neither more nor
> less. (Apart from a few less-often-used features of CVSup that are not
>  yet supported by csup, that is.)

Thanks for the response.

Out of curiosity based on your responses, technically, how would you
describe csup to be faster than cvsup with a properly configured
supfile over a 100Mbps Internet connection?

Understand I'm not being disrespectful, I truly want to know how/why
it's faster.

Is it a coding thing? AFAICT, all it does is diff files that one has
and download the changes, right?

Or is it just because it's in the base now? (I haven't tried to see if
it's in the base, but from what I know now, it is ;)

Steve