7.0-BETA1.5 ISO/ftp

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Thu Oct 25 16:50:54 PDT 2007

> Maybe not, but for the bulk of the users of cvsup, csup is a drop-in
> replacement.  :)  As with most things in Unix-land, there's more than
> one way to do things, and every one will defend to the death their way
> of doing things.  :D

Without taking the time to RTFM, I'll say this:

The first thing I do when I install a new system from an ISO is:

# pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui
# pkg_add -r fastest_cvsup

Then I copy my supfile(s) from another equivalent box to this one,
including my refuse file, and:

# cvsup -L 2 -g /etc/supfile && cvsup -L 2 -g /etc/supfile.ports

Will csup work the exact same way, without having to do the pkg_add
steps? Is this what " a drop in replacement" means?

Steve