kernel panic

syle ishere syleishere at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 20:52:54 PDT 2007

Cvs checkout of Releng_7 tag, did usual make buildworld kernel etc,
all was fine even kernel until I did make installworld.

The issue was /boot/loader was replaced and caused a panic. I was able to get back into the system with booting /boot/loader.old with new kernel and all.....here are the messages:

Can't work out which disk we are booting from.Guessed BIOS device 0xffffffff not found by probes, defaulting to disk0:

panic: free: guard1 fail @ 0x6e104 from /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../../common/module.c:959--> Press a key on the console to reboot <--

THis is on a toshiba satellite laptop.

Dan.