Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit" during 7.0-BETA1 installworld

Josh Carroll josh.carroll at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:20:45 PDT 2007

I hadn't seen this until today when I restarted Apache. From httpd-error.log:

httpd: Syntax error on line 242 of /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_ssl.so into server:
/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.5: Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit"

This particular install was a 6.2 -> RELENG_7 source update (just
before PRERELEASE). I'm not seeing any other issues on the system (so
far), but I'll keep my eyes open. I was able to build world just a day
or two ago, but have not tried since then.

Josh