Repeatable kernel panic on -CURRENT using ZFS over SATA

Mark Powell M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 06:35:38 PDT 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> Bill Hacker <askbill at conducive.net> writes:
>> Short answer - you are overstressing your very marginal hardware.
>
> You're completely off the mark.  Steven is experiencing a well-known bug
> in the ata driver.

When you say well know, is there a PR for this problem?
   I've just been hit by this yesterday. This was several hours after I had
updated to BETA1. I had never seen this problem before. It's amd64 on
SATA, with a small ufs mirror for boot and everything else on zfs.
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,