kthread vs kproc

Johan Bucht jbucht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:25:44 PDT 2007

Excellent, I was planning on prodding someone about this a while back,
hope this will give some measurable performance improvements without
sacrificing stability.
How much will this affect debuggability, will there be a higher chance
of thrashed call stacks and thus non-valid panic traces?

Feels a bit strange that some callers expect a process when calling a
function that says it creates a thread, but I guess it's a bit late to
complain that noone made a kproc macro for aio et al.
What does aio actually need that requires it to run as a process?

/Johan