7.0 CURRENT, need help with panic: Trying sleep, but thread marked as sleeping prohibited

Victor M. Blood freebsd at masm.elcom.ru
Tue Oct 16 05:53:42 PDT 2007

On 14.10.2007, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Victor M. Blood wrote:
>> Hi, All.
>>
>> FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT, Sun 10 Oct 2007.
>>
>> Problem have appear at pid 27 cmd=[Irq11: rl0], then PFil hooks are
>> worked. I have no idea how to fix it. Can you help me?

> ipfilter is known to be broken.

Today test system with ipfilter 4.1.27, for me all works fine.

whats do:
1) fetch -o - http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip_fil4.1.27.tar.gz | tar -zxf - -C /var/tmp && pushd /var/tmp/ip_fil4.1.27 && pwd
2) more INSTALL.FreeBSD
3) vim Makefile
Here may uncomment STALETOP_CFLAGS=-DSTALETOP and edit paths to ncurses inc and lib
4) 'make freebsd' or 'make freebsd7'
5) make install-bsd
6) BSD/kupgrade
7) rebuild and install new kernel
8) reboot system

I try ping, cvsup, liks, fetch and over network tools, ipfstat -t
shows touching rules and no any panick there. I have no update sources
before install ipfilter and using 10 Oct 2007 snap.

With all regards, Victor M. Blood.   mailto: freebsd at masm.elcom.ru
FTN: 2:5024/1.95 at Fidonet.org, ICQ#3567656