Version 8.0?!!???

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Thu Oct 11 22:34:03 PDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:30:43 +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2007-Oct-11 21:05:34 -0700, Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> >On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 08:25:16PM -0700, David Benfell wrote:
> >>
> >> So I was in for a bit of a surprise when I just booted up the
> >> a version of CURRENT built today:
> >>
> >> FreeBSD earth.cybernude.org 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #56: Thu Oct 11 10:27:17 PDT 2007     root at earth.cybernude.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/EARTH  i386
> >>
> >> [snicker]
> >>
> >> No real harm, right?
>
> RELENG_7 was branched yesterday so HEAD is now 8.0-CURRENT.
>
> >Apparently, you don't read the freebsd-current and cvs-src
> >mailing list.  See the archives from today.
>
> Actually, David's mail is the first freebsd-current mail I can find
> that mentions 8-current.  All the other references I recall seeing
> have been in cvs-src.  I _was_ expecting a heads-up here.
>
> FWIW, HEAD is also now unfrozen.

I am not subscribed to cvs-src.  I have had a subscription to
freebsd-current for a while, but only actually started building
-CURRENT in response to some USB issues (which are only partially
resolved) with my Treo 700p.

As my systems are production systems, I shall now retreat to
RELENG_7.

Thanks!

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell at parts-unknown.org
---
Resume available at http://www.parts-unknown.org/
NOTE: I sign all messages with GnuPG (0DD1D1E3).