mpt0: QUEUE FULL EVENT: Bus 0x00 Target 0x04 Depth 129

Marian Hettwer mh at kernel32.de
Thu Oct 11 05:00:10 PDT 2007

Hi Scott,

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 05:41:39 -0600, Scott Long <scottl at samsco.org> wrote:
> Marian Hettwer wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm trying out -CURRENT on an IBM HS21 blade. So far the machine looks
> stable.
>> Only thing that bothers me is the message as stated above.
>>

>> Is this something to worry about?
>>

> No, it's nothing to worry about.  The message can probably be put under
> bootverbose.

Oh. glad to hear :)

>> PS.: FWIW, Linux 2.6.20 had severe problems with this specific mpt
> controller - patches came with Linux 2.6.21
>> Looks like the LSI Logic stuff isn't very well supported. On the other
> hand, there's now way around them when using IBM blades :(
>> Same counts for the bce(4) NIC.
>
> Are you saying that the LSI Logic stuff is not well supported in FreeBSD
> or in Linux?  Neither statement would be at all true.  Same with BCE,
> it's quite well supported.

Well, both the SAS part of mpt(4) and the functionality for BCM5708S weren't available in FreeBSD 6. Of course, this doesn't obviously mean that they're not well supported.
In regards to the specific mpt(4). It got patches in Linux 2.6.21 to get it working.

Since I can't provide details, let's stick with: Great to see that both, the mpt(4) and the bce(4) (the specific ones used in HS21 blades) are supported.
I already did some stress testing with MySQL in a production replication setup and everything looks stable.
So far, so good.
If I encounter any problems (panics, whatever) I'd be glad to help out with testing and testing and testing :)

./Marian