panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block

Oliver Herold oliver at akephalos.de
Sat Oct 6 04:03:40 PDT 2007

dev = ad0s1f, block = 9353784, fs = /usr
panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block

dev = ad0s1f, block = 9360032, fs = /usr
panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block

Two panics, within a larger timeframe, during sftp to server and csup at the
same time (but if I do it again, no panic will happen). But I cannot reproduce it. Compiling world with -j5 plus csup isn't a problem at all for example. Did a 1 hour test with stress too, /usr/ports/sysutils/stress/, stress -c 4 -i 4 -m 4 -d 4, without any problems.

-Laptop
-FreeBSD current is from Oct 04
-1G of memory
-Intel Core2Duo
-120Gb SATA harddrive
-ZFS on /home, but first panic was with gjournal at /home
-disc layout: / , /var, /tmp , /usr , /home
-Kernel config without witness etc., but otherwise it's default

Cheers, Oliver

--
A national debt, if it is not excessive,
will be to us a national blessing.