openoffice 2.3 package

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 5 06:25:59 PDT 2007

Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> On 10/5/07, Vince <jhary at unsane.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> For some reason I couldnt run the 6.x versions of open office even with
>> compat6x, (core dumped.) So i have built my own. I couldnt find any
>> 7-CURRENT i386 packages online so I can make mine available to anyone
>> without the time/space to build one if anyone needs/wants it.
>>

> For anyone who doesn't read -questions OO completely fails to build on
> 7-current amd64

It is the same error as reported earlier this year - both on i386 and
amd64 (FreeBSD 7.0 most recent build). The problem was due to some ACL
issues in gcp taken from coreutils. I reinstalled coreutils, without
success. I do not have the PR handy, so I'm sorry. But earlier, I found
a solution (in some place, there shpuld be an .if-clause in one Makefile
forcing on FreeBSD using cp rather than gcp).

There is already a PR, but maintainer doesn't seem to exist, so I expect
the port orphaned.

So, this is if the error you're reporting is he same as I have and had
saying that some files are not accessible or changable ... sorry for the
poor informations about my error. I built yesterday on two amd64 boxes
on 7.0 (one Intel C2D T5500, one AMD64 3500+_ and today on my lab's box,
running i386 (Intel P4).

I'll look for the bugfix when I have spare time...

Regards,
Oliver