viral license free fork of freebsd

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:23:05 PDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Wilko Bulte <wb at freebie.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Quoting Aryeh Friedman, who wrote on Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 05:42:07AM +0000 ..
> > >
> > > Set
> > > MK_GNU           = no, and
> > > MK_GNU_SUPPORT   = no?
> >
> > Will that remove all gnu code?
> >

> > > Well, if you want a moderate amount of work you may want to try
> > > replacing sort(1) with the old BSD one, and optimize it.  Also some
> > > *roff stuff, etc.  If you are really energyic then you will want to join
> > > a project like llvm or so for a better compiler.
> >
> > I will look at what else needs to be done.
>
> "Just" a complete toolchain would also come in handy..

That is generally the conclusion I have come to and was just
attempting to find a short cut around it.  Matter of fact that is how
I was planning to finance the effort by coming out with better tools
then those offered by pure FOSS and due to the business model still
leverage the power of the community to improve them... wrong place and
too long of an explination to explain the how (see the url's in the
first post)... for the particular target audience for at least the
initial tools this is not too hard to do actually since the pure FOSS
community has dropped too many balls in the community I am targeting.