viral license free fork of freebsd

韓家標 Bill Hacker askbill at conducive.net
Fri Oct 5 00:10:44 PDT 2007

Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

> On 2007-Oct-4, at 23:21 , 韓家標 Bill Hacker wrote:
>
>> Fine details - and there are many - quite aside, 'Job One' for anyone
>> taking this route - is what to do that *won't break* - about gcc.
>
> 'Job One' is to translate the system from gcc to cc :-(

ACK. The most important part / first step of that overall issue.

Mind - I'm not convinced of the need in the first place, even with RMS & Co.
most recent jihad.

But if anyone runs across a Free/OpenSource Mercedes-Benz or even a used Dodge
Caravan with leaks, worn brakes, and a load of other-folks' trash in the back (Gcc?)

... that 'compiles' unattended, at no-fee, from free parts - while I go out to a
movie and dinner - please let me know!

I won't mind a 'must publish' clause.

;-)

Bill