zzz fails on Lenovo Thinkpad T61

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Nov 28 05:42:35 PST 2007

> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 20:26 -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
> > When I try to use zzz to suspend the laptop, I get a few second pause,
> > then the system locks solid.
> >
> > Is this a known issue?  How can I help debug this?
> >
> > I'm running 7.0 from Nov 25.
>
> Your T61 have Intel Core Duo CPU ?

Yes.

> As far as I know suspend/resume is not supported in any SMP
> configurations, or I have missed anything ?

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

> some reference:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-November/009326.html
> http://osdir.com/ml/os.freebsd.devel.acpi/2006-10/msg00013.html

Well ... that seems to answer it.

I guess I'll put two kernels on, a UP kernel and an SMP kernel.  I can
boot the UP kernel for normal use, which will allow me to suspend, and
I can boot the SMP kernel if I want the extra CPU, or if I have time to
help debug the problem.

Thanks a lot for the input.

--
Bill Moran