mysqld umtxn

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Tue Nov 27 12:57:12 PST 2007

Johan Hendriks wrote:
>> Hello all, i just cvsup'ed today on a 8.0 Current machine (a pIII 1000 Mhz dual proc machine).
>>
>> Did a buildworld cycle and rebooted the machine
>> I noticed that i can not start mysql-server anymore.
>> mysqld will show up in top but have a umtxn state, if i do a /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server restart it tells me it can not stop mysql (check /usr/.... .pid)
>> then i have 2 mysqld entries showing up in top also in umtxn state.
>> It creates new mysqld proccess with every  /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server restart i give.
>>
>> I then tryed to csup -g -L2 /usr/local/etc/cvsup/current-supfile but this prosess also ends up in umtxn state.
>>
>> Witness and stuff are disabled on the machine.
>> Do other people see this ?

>Yes, this was caused by a missing symbol from symbol map which libthr
>would expect.  jasone@ has committed a fix this morning, so a
>buildworld/installworld cycle would fix your problem.

>BTW Please consider helping us to test RELENG_7 if your server is
>intended for pre-production evaluation :-)

>Cheers,
 What can i do to csup my source again, the csup process also get stuck in umtxn.
Or what file can i change (get) to make all work again.

I have 3 servers running RELENG_7 in production already!
One proxy (squid dansguardian combo)
One Spamfilter (mailscanner mailwatch combo)
One mailserver (Postfix, dovecot, with mysql and a webmail interface)

And they are worjking fine!
one is a HP netserver as the 8.0 machine the other 2 are Proliant DL320 machines.

regards,
Johan Hendriks