7.0-BETA3 (amd64): interrupt storm on atapci0

Martin Matuska mm at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 24 12:18:05 PST 2007

Sorry, the "rate" of "vmstat -i" is undocumented. I have read the
vmstat.c file and found out that "rate" it is the uptime average
so it has no effect. I will do some stress testing with dd
if=/dev/mirror/... of=/dev/null (this takes an interrupt rate
of about 14000 interrupts/second).