7.0-BETA2 routed and multicast registration

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 21 23:27:54 PST 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> We can bring it back in the 7-current train to keep folk happy for now,
> sure, but I strongly suggest we get rid of it in future, otherwise, we risk
> not taking the step of progress -- EBIKESHED.

Just to be clear on this one -- I think that temporary re-introduction for 7.x
is the right route (pun intended).  Right now we're at 7.0 BETA 3 and we don't
have a working routing daemon.  Would it be possible for one of you (Bruce,
Marko, ...?) to put together a candidate patch to reintroduce the old
interface?  We can also update any appropriate man pages (if any) to indicate
that the interface is deprecated and will be eliminated in a future release
(8.0).

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory