SATA controller testing update

Nathan Butcher n-butcher at fusiongol.com
Tue Nov 20 01:19:32 PST 2007

Hi,

Just posting to say that Soren's upcoming patch to fix the Promise SATA
controller issue seems to work fine for me. I imported and ran 4 drives
of ZFS on the controller - and no more checksum issues. Tried running
bonnie++ and had no probelms whatsoever. So far so good. I'll keep my
ZFS pool on the card for a while in case anything pops up.

What I have noticed though, is that occasionally my root mounted system
drive (which is on my JMB363 controller running AHCI, as /dev/ad6)
occasionally gets randomly dismounted with the latest BETA3. It has
happened twice now.
This issue hasn't happened on any other drive on my system (despite
there being 11 other drives on other controllers).

I have no idea how to reproduce this issue, and since it takes out my
main system drive, I can't get any debugging info. All I see first is
that the drive gets dismounted before the screen fills up and scrolls
over with messages about missing nodes.