congrlations to the freebsd developers

Alexey Shuvaev shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sun Nov 18 13:13:53 PST 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 08:24:36AM +0100, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
> > 2. I meant features  not formats and since I am using amd64 no wine
>
> Setting up FreeBSD i386 in a jail seems to do the job for most people. You can
> have a whole i386 system in a jail and it won't even recognize it's running on
> an amd64 kernel.

I have gone this way. Well, everything (including emulators/wine) compiles
and installs fine, but i386-build of a wine does not work inside i386-jail
hosted on amd64 machine. I don't remember exactly what happens on start,
segment violation or something like this, with core dump.
I think wine requires rather tight co-operation with the kernel and
it is not possible to launch i386-wine on amd64 this way.
And you cannot load 32-bit nvidia.ko with amd64 kernel, if I'm not missing
some new functionality.?