Setting LANG=sv_SE.ISO_8859-1 breaks 7.0 buildworld

Andrey Chernov ache at nagual.pp.ru
Sun Nov 18 03:44:39 PST 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 02:36:16PM +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> This is locale definition, I find (V,W); and (v,w); there, is that right
> equivalences for sv_SE? I.e. is v=w in sv_SE sorting?

It seems collating is right. Googling some sources I find:

% The letter w is normally not present in the Swedish alphabet. It
% exists in some names in Swedish and foreign words, but is accounted
% for as a variant of 'v'.  Words and names with 'w' are in Swedish
% ordered alphabetically among the words and names with 'v'. If two
% words or names are only to be distinguished by 'v' or % 'w', 'v' is
% placed before 'w'.

So the only fix is using LC_ALL=C before awk script.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/