7.0-BETA2 routed and multicast registration

Marko Zec zec at icir.org
Fri Nov 16 07:55:51 PST 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007 14:58:43 Robert Watson wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Marko Zec wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 November 2007 19:25:01 Reinhard Haller wrote:
> >> routed has problems with setsockopt registering itself for
> >> multicast. The trace contains the following messages:
> >>
> >> IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP ALLROUTERS: Can't assign requested address turn
> >> on RIP setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP RIP): Can't assign requested
> >> address setsockopt(rdisc_sock,IP_MULTICAST_IF): Can't assign
> >> requested address
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >
> > Perhaps the attached kernel patch could help?
>
> Dear all--
>
> Just catching up on back e-mail, and found this.  Did this patch go
> anywhere (CVS HEAD, with an MFC, for example)?

No it didn't.

The patch restores support for interpreting 0.0.0.0/8 addresses as
interface indexes, which was removed 5 months ago when in_mcast.c was
originally introduced.  bms@ posted the patch for review before
commiting it, but I can't recall a wider discussion taking place about
that change.

Cheers,

Marko