ZFS & MySQL

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Thu Nov 15 16:36:19 PST 2007

> Can somebody who has done MySQL benchmarks (e.g. Kris Kennaway, but I
> don't want to point fingers :) ) try them when MySQL is hosted on ZFS?
> I'm currently having a problem where mysqld gets stuck in "zfs" state
> and it becomes completely unusable and unkillable. The machine generally
> works, but cannot be rebooted from the OS in this case (it must be
> manually power-cycled).

I had an unkillable MySQLd a while ago that required reboot (pre-RELENG_7
CURRENT). It was in uninterruptable sleep, but I can't swear to whether it
was in zfs state. This was on a quadcore core 2 duo.

I can do some sysbenching on a dual core machine with and without ZFS, but it
sounds like that won't be more useful than what you already have available.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org