ZFS from FreeBSD -> Indiana -> FreeBSD - some problem

Henri Hennebert hlh at restart.be
Wed Nov 14 04:03:21 PST 2007

Hello,

As seen in another thread, I was curious about a zpool created under
FreeBSD being available under opensolaris.

So I boot indiana and do:

zpool import -f -o ro pool2

zpool scrub pool2

all ended properly...

shutdown.

When I reboot with FreeBSD (7.0-BETA2) I get:

zpool status pool2
   pool: pool2
  state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
         replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
    see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-D3
  scrub: none requested
config:

         NAME             STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         pool2            UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
           raidz1         UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
             dsk/c10d0p3  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
             dsk/c11d0p3  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open

Is it possible to replace dsk/c10d0p3 by ad4s3 and dsk/c11d0p3 by ad6s3
as it must be under FreeBSD or does I need to make some entry in
/etc/devfs.rules to create dsk/c10d0p3 and dsk/c11d0p3 (if at all possible?)

Isn't it a interesting challenge ?

Henri