Crash after trying powerd on FreeBSD 7.0BETA-2

Gregory Wright gwright at antiope.com
Mon Nov 12 08:54:33 PST 2007

Hi,

I tried enabling powerd on FreeBSd 7.0BETA-2 by adding

powerd_enable="YES"

to /etc/rc.conf.  The mobo is a Tyan 2882-D with a single Opteron
270 HE processor (dual core), 2 GB RAM.  AMD powernow was
enabled in the BIOS.

Upon rebooting, the machine crashed.  Rebooting indicated
file system corruption and I was not able to successfully reboot
again.  (When I tried to reboot in safe mode, I got a kernel
panic for a page fault in kernel mode.)  I have reinstalled the
OS and the machine seems to work again.

Is this a variant of a known issue or something new?

BR,
Greg