nfe internet problems

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 03:54:24 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 10:59:29AM +0000, 韓家標 Bill Hacker wrote:
 > Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
 >
 > *trimmed*
 > >
 > >Show me the "pciconf -lcv" output.
 >
 > If it is of any use, here 'tis - BIOS has the onboard Gig-E chip AND its
 > BIOS extension 'enabled' and there is a CAT5e attached to a Gig-E hub with
 > DHCP available.
 >
 > External components work cleanly with other gear attached, to wit PowerBook
 > 17" with Gig-E, other MB with Intel or Realtek Gig-E.
 >

 > ======= 8-CURRENT 17 OCT Asus P5K =================

[...]

 > none1 at pci0:2:0:0:	class=0x020000 card=0x82261043 chip=0x10481969
 > rev=0xb0 hdr=0x00
 >     class      = network
 >     subclass   = ethernet
 >     cap 01[40] = powerspec 2  supports D0 D3  current D0
 >     cap 05[48] = MSI supports 1 message, 64 bit
 >     cap 10[58] = PCI-Express 1 endpoint

Hmm, it's Attansic L1 gigabit ethernet controller. ATM as you said
there is no FreeBSD driver for the controller but I think Kevin Lo(kelvo@)
is working on age(4) to support the ethernet controller. I'm not sure
whether age(4) also supports Attansic F1 ethernet controller.
I also heard ndis(4) works OK for the ethernet.

Long time ago when I asked for datasheet for the controller the
vendor simply rejected it so I gave up. AFAIK the vendor released
Linux driver under GPL so it's doable to write a driver but it would
be time-consuming and tedious work. :-(

[...]

--
Regards,