Bad VPD checksum

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sun Nov 11 16:05:44 PST 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Doug Barton wrote:
> I've been getting these in HEAD for a long time now, never found the
> time to follow up though:
>
> pci0:9:0:0: bad VPD cksum, remain 14
>
> Happy to help with debugging efforts.

I think this is a non-issue.

PCI Vital Product Data is stored on an EEPROM and if the card creator is
too lazy/cheap to either install one, or program it you get VPD
checksum errors.

I don't think it is bge specific because you're supposed to be able to
read VPD in a generic fashion.

(I am no PCI expert so please correct me if wrong)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum