Reproducible problems with re(4) on RELENG_7 and HEAD

韓家標 Bill Hacker askbill at conducive.net
Sun Nov 11 12:25:02 PST 2007

Aryeh Friedman wrote:
>> OS build:
>>
>> FreeBSD chameleon.triligon.to 7.0-BETA1 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1 #0: Sat Oct 20
>> 22:37:19 UTC 2007     root at chameleon.triligon.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WBH_ULE
>>   i386
>
> FreeBSD monster 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Nov 11
> 05:22:44 EST 2007
> aryeh at monster:/usr/obj/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/MONSTER  amd64
>
> (I always do a cvs right before kernel builds so it is as recent as
> about 10 mins before the above0

My 8- stuff is on another MB (Asus P5K at the moment - restricted to add-on
NIC's as the onboard one is a POS.)

I *hope* the OP is not planning production use of 8-CURRENT just yet....

and you had mentioned this as a 'while ago' problem in your case, so was that
not still under 7-something?

Has it recurred under 8-?

Can you 'make' it happen again?

The OP's network environment can just as easily be a contributor as the NIC &
drivers.

All these are external, so only a good quality cable back-to-back eliminates
them from the equation, and the OP may not have that option, even with site-tech
help, on boxen he's never laid eyes on.

I'll test what I can to see if it occurs here, but what has been mentioned so
far has been done, and has not been problematic - yet.

Bill