Remaining SATA (and other) issues TAKE 2

Arno J. Klaassen arno at heho.snv.jussieu.fr
Sun Nov 11 08:25:42 PST 2007

Søren, Alexander,

> Alexander found the bug causing the data to be offset wrongly in my
> last patch, this new one should fix that so we dont get disappearing
> nodes etc, sorry about that :)
>
> Please apply to clean releng_7 sources.
>
> Let me know how it turns out.

I still test first on releng_6, but initial testing indicates
it solves my problems.
Thank you very much!

NB, I still get an error in ata_pci_attach() when
bus_alloc_resource_any() for ATA_BMADDR_RID :

  pci0: child atapci0 requested type 4 for rid 0x20, but the BAR says it is an memio

When I retry with "ctlr->r_type1 = SYS_RES_MEMORY" (diff attached)
it says :

  atapci0: Reserved 0x20000 bytes for rid 0x20 type 3 at 0xfba00000

which it anyway says as well a bit later when attaching :

  ioapic0: routing intpin 18 (PCI IRQ 18) to vector 49
  atapci0: [MPSAFE]
  atapci0: Reserved 0x20000 bytes for rid 0x20 type 3 at 0xfba00000
  atapci0: Reserved 0x1000 bytes for rid 0x1c type 3 at 0xfbb00000
  atapci0: [MPSAFE]

Just if ever this info helps you; the failing bus_alloc_resource_any()
for ATA_BMADDR_RID does not seem to have any influence.

Once again thanx.

Best, Arno