errors in the latest kernel update

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Sat Nov 10 17:07:53 PST 2007

Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
>> You have CVS merge conflicts.  Fix them first, before attempting to
>>  compile again. :)
> Unless I complete misunderstood developement(7) I don't see how this
> is possible since I used the procedure it lists and I have made no
> local modifications.

Unfortunately, it's rather easy to screw up updates or merges with CVS,
especially when using branches and/or sticky tags.  It must be something
you did locally.  It's impossible to tell what went wrong without more
information, though.

However, since you made no local modifications, can't you simply zap
your whole src tree and re-checkout?  That should fix your problem.