Remaining SATA (and other) issues

Nathan Butcher n-butcher at fusiongol.com
Thu Nov 8 01:51:09 PST 2007

X needs to detect the G33 chipset as an agpgart device, which the
FreeBSD7 kernel isn't capable of doing (yet), so while the X.org driver
for the G33 exists, it can't "see" the device at this point in time.
I think somebody was working on G33 support in the kernel. I was just
unsure if it's going to make it into RELEASE or not.

I'm using VESA for now, but it looks ugly (throws my display out of
horizontal alignment!)