[ANNOUNCEMENT] Wiki for discussing P35/IHC9(R)/SATA issues set up

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 7 12:21:22 PST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Søren Schmidt wrote:

> Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 07:29:25AM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
>>
>>> BTW the acd0 timeout issue is still there
>>
>> This is a separate issue, and as I mentioned somewhere else in the
>> thread, happens on numerous hardwares of all kinds.
>>
> Yes, unfortunatly my wishes for a better world hasn't been heard, I
> hoped hard for the old ATAPI problems to be a story of the past on
> SATA ATAPI devices, but it didn't work out that way.
>
> I seem to have been thrown into this thread without getting the start,
> so could someone please fill me in on what the problem(s) are exactly?

Some people are having issues with SATA/300 drives being report (or
utilized) at SATA/150.  I see that with my work computer.  Personally,
the timeouts that result in errors are my main concern.  Here is a
link[1] to my report.

Thank you for looking into these issues.

Sean
   1. http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-November/079419.html
--
scf at FreeBSD.org