Fatal error 'Cannot allocate red zone for initial thread' at line 382 in file /usr/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_init.c (errno = 12)

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Tue Nov 6 13:21:25 PST 2007

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 23:33:14 +0100, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> portupgrade -fa

Tried that.  Several times.  And the portmaster and portmanager
equivalents.  It looks like I would have to manually rebuild each of
over 1000 ports I have installed to restore functionality.

In many cases, even this won't work, however, as 'make fetch' returns
some error about dates mismatching.  Or, less commonly, there are
other problems in the build.

But to demonstrate this, I will initiate a job with the following
command:

sudo portupgrade -fa | tee parts-unknown.org/systems/earth.cybernude.org//portupgrade-fa.log

You can see the output at http://www.parts-unknown.org/systems/earth.cybernude.org/portupgrade-fa.log

Problems are widespread and it seems unreasonable to blame individual
ports for many of them.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell at parts-unknown.org
---
Resume available at http://www.parts-unknown.org/
NOTE: I sign all messages with GnuPG (0DD1D1E3).