[ANNOUNCEMENT] Wiki for discussing P35/IHC9(R)/SATA issues set up

Aryeh M. Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 01:37:38 PST 2007

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 03:31:35AM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
>
>> Xin LI wrote:
>>
>>> Yes (so that you get the correct speed of ICH9, ironically I have
>>> misunderstood the spec).  I am working on a new patch.
>>>
>> The speeds are still incorrect (150 instead of 300)
>>

> According to the thread and Wiki data I see, you're complaining that the
> following two devices on your SATA bus are SATA150 when they should be
> SATA300, correct?
>
>     Master:  ad8 <ST3500630AS/3.AAE> Serial ATA v1.0
>     Master: acd0 <TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S183L/SB01> Serial ATA v1.0

yes btw due to god knows what reason the patch renumbered ad8 to ad6
> 1) Have you verified that the SATA150-limiting jumper on your Seagate
>    drive has been removed?  SATA300 drives from Seagate come from the
>    factory with that jumper connected, limiting the drive to SATA150.

I will check but:

1. I was unaware of this "feature"
2. I didn't see any jumpers when I installed it
> 2) Do you happen to be using a PATA-to-SATA adapter on the DVD drive?

It is native SATA (300)
> 3) If No to #2, are you sure that the ICH9 does SATA300 with ATAPI
>    devices?  Does the mainboard BIOS even support it for ATAPI?

Mobo has ATAPI I am not sure about the IHC issue though... will look it
up and get back to you.

--
Aryeh M. Friedman
Developer, not business, friendly