PINE: SIG 6

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 19 21:33:07 UTC 2007

Larry Rosenman wrote:
> I seem to be having an issue with mail/pine4 since the GCC upgrade
> (might also be SYMVER).
>
> I upgraded the system to today's -CURRENT and pine will work, except
> when it tries to talk
> SSL to my mailserver.
>
> I get a signal 6 ABORT.

Couple of silly questions. First, are you using ssl from the base, or
from ports. If the former, I assume it was rebuilt as a result of
build/installworld along with the rest of the base. If the latter, did
you rebuild it after you installed the new world? Second, did you
rebuild pine after installing the new world and/or ssl?

I'm not saying that rebuilding pine is the right answer, just curious
if you did it or not.

Doug