Using Subversion for binary distribution?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri May 25 20:14:30 UTC 2007

On 2007-05-25 14:01, Jonathan Weiss <jw at innerewut.de> wrote:
>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>> The checked out tree would be "polluted" with .svn/
>> subdirectories with all the metadata of the Subversion
>> workspace too (that's where permissions will be tricky to get
>> right).
>
> The is always SVK with does not pollute the working dir.

Yay!  I'm not mad for suggesting a distributed SCM in another
post elsethread.  You're right of course.

Now, I'm not 100% sure I like the idea of using an SCM tool for
managing binary files like the FreeBSD base system, but it's kind
of nice that other people like the idea of using a distributed
SCM for this :)