Problems compiling some ports after upgrading to gcc 4.2.0

Beech Rintoul freebsd at alaskaparadise.com
Wed May 23 21:51:41 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Randy Bush said:
> having serious crashes when running anything using openssl in cvsup
> of last day, most recent being May 22 18:49 gmt.
>
> we are wondering about diagnostics
>
> dsaparam.c: In function 'dsaparam_main':
> dsaparam.c:337: warning: function called through a non-compatible
> type dsaparam.c:337: note: if this code is reached, the program
> will abort dsaparam.c:417: warning: function called through a
> non-compatible type dsaparam.c:417: note: if this code is reached,
> the program will abort dsaparam.c:436: warning: function called
> through a non-compatible type dsaparam.c:436: note: if this code is
> reached, the program will abort
>
> randy

Apply this patch and rebuild openssl. Fixed the problem for me.

http://people.freebsd.org/~kan/openssl-gcc42.diff

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html