Problems compiling some ports after upgrading to gcc 4.2.0

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Wed May 23 21:20:02 UTC 2007

Hope it is the right list for this question, not ports@ ...

I upgraded CURRENT (because of gcc 4.2.0 ...) and after that deleted old
libs (make delete-old && make delete-old-libs) before reinstalling all
of my ports (changing to Xorg 7.2).

Now when I try to make 'graphics/tiff-3.8.2_1' I get the following error:

[..snip..]
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_pic
[..snip..]

Before upgrading CURRENT there was a file '/usr/libs/libgcc_pic.a' in
system libs directory. The absence of this file gives me errors for some
more ports (e.g. graphics/libcaca; graphics/GraphicsMagick).

Obviously the libgcc_pic.a was needed for them. Or am I completely wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rainer