{gcc 4.2 issue??] portsnap -> Illegal instruction

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon May 21 18:59:22 UTC 2007

Hello,
after upgrading one of our FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT boxes and recompiling
world and ports to reflect compiler changes toward gcc 4.2, I run into
issue with portsnap:

# portsna fetch update
after upgrading my box yesterday
Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 3 mirrors found.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap1.FreeBSD.org... Illegal instruction
invalid snapshot tag.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap3.FreeBSD.org... Illegal instruction
invalid snapshot tag.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap2.FreeBSD.org... Illegal instruction
invalid snapshot tag.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.

My box is a FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT/AMD64.

Regards,