[Regression] snd_emu10k1 doesn't work after GCC 4.2 upgrade

Sun May 20 09:05:12 UTC 2007

Quoting Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> (Sun, 20 May 2007 15:57:36 +0800):

> On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:28:11 +0200
> Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This afternoon I reinstalled a new kernel and world, which has GCC
> > 4.2. For some reason, my SoundBlaster Live! card doesn't work
> > properly anymore. It seems at least the sample rate doesn't get set
> > properly, because playback time is slower than wall clock time.
> >
> > My previous kernel was from May 14, but it seems there haven't been
> > any commits in the audio layer in the mean time that could cause
> > these problems. What would be a good way to see what's wrong?
> >

> Any error messages? How about with snd_emu10kx instead of
> snd_emu10k1 ?

Wild guess: maybe it uses the same kind of casts as we see with the
openssl problem. See the HEADS-UP from kan at .

Bye,
Alexander.