ZFS: amd64, devd, root file system.

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon May 14 07:22:36 UTC 2007

Darren Reed <darrenr at hub.freebsd.org> writes:
> It is not a lot of fun having to support the kernel and 'some'
> filesystems being of a different type of filesystem to other parts
> (from a system admin perspective.)  This is especially true of those
> filesystems that make up the "root".

I don't see what the problem is.  I am perfectly content with having my
root file system on UFS2 on a pair of mirror disks.

Considering the amount of work which would be required to allow FreeBSD
to boot from ZFS (which you apparently do not appreciate), I perfectly
understand Pawel's choice.

Remember that unlike Sun, we do not make the hardware our OS runs on,
nor do we write the firmware for it.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no