INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE patches

pluknet pluknet at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:46:36 UTC 2007

Hello,

On 06/05/07, Wojciech A. Koszek <wkoszek at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We talked about improved INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE work some time ago. I
> cleaned it up, and I have prepared a patch for the latest -CURRENT.
>
> It's here:
>
>         http://people.freebsd.org/~wkoszek/patches/kernconf.patch
>
> If you have any suggestions, please let me know as I'd really like to
> see this patch into the tree before RELENG_7.
>
> Please note that the changes aren't very serious, but config(8)'s
> functionality is, so any worries should be stated now.
>
> With this patch, after building a kernel with:
>
>         options INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE
>
> you should be able to obtain it's configuration file with a new config(8)
> and it's -k option:
>
>         config -k <kernelfile>
>
> The output should be ready to be redirected to a file:
>
>         config -k <kernelfile> > NEWKERNEL
>
> Now, you should be able to type:
>
>         config NEWKERNEL
>
> And newly created kernel should contain the very same options as the old
> one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Wojciech A. Koszek
> wkoszek at FreeBSD.org
> http://FreeBSD.czest.pl/dunstan/

While in buildworld (namely in 'make depend' in usr.sbin/config)
I get the following error:

===> usr.sbin/config (obj,depend,all,install)
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/src/usr.sbin/config created for
/usr/src/usr.sbin/config
yacc -d /usr/src/usr.sbin/config/config.y
cp y.tab.c config.c
lex -t  /usr/src/usr.sbin/config/lang.l > lang.c
file2c 'char kernconfstr[] = {' ',0};' < kernconf.tmpl > kernconf.c
cannot open kernconf.tmpl: No such file or directory

It disappears, if I put manually kernconf.tmpl in generated
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/src/usr.sbin/config
Maybe I forgot something?

Thanks.

wbr,
pluknet