interrupt storm irq9 and ath

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Sat May 5 01:32:19 UTC 2007

Hi, me again, again a new problem with my laptop:

it's a old Vaio SRX41p, p3m at 800, no apic, the BIOS (Sony U2) assigns only irq9
to all devices.
Enabling wpa_supplicant leads to interrupt storm messages.
I've been using this laptop with 6.2 heavily but never saw any interrupt storm
message before.
Also tuning the sysctl vrom 100 to 500 hasn't helped (can't remember the MIB
exactly right now, but of course will look if it helps).

I have compiled in cpufreq and I use powerd but that doesn't seem to be the
problem because if the machine is under load, so that est doesn't step down,
I also get the storm throttle.

Thanks,

-Harry

--
OmniSEC  -  UNIX und Windows Netzwerke - Sicher
Harald Schmalzbauer