[ANN] unionfs patchset-19-20070504 release, it is now MPSAFE and
transparent mode as default
daichi at freebsd.org
Fri May 4 12:30:23 UTC 2007
It is my pleasure and honor to announce the availability of
the unionfs patchset-19-20070504. p19 is second patchset after
its merged of FreeBSD. Our improvements works of unionfs are
going step by step. p19 is milestone release.
Changes in unionfs-p19-20070504.diff
- It has been became MPSAFE.
- Default copy mode has been changed from traditional-mode to
transparent-mode. Some folks who have reported some issues
have solved with transparent mode. We guess it is time to
change the default copy mode. The transparent-mode is the
best in most situations.
- Fixed kern/111262 issue.
- Added support of vfs_cache on unionfs. As a result, you
can use applications that use procfs on unionfs.
- Removed unionfs internal cache mechanism because it has
vfs_cache support instead. As a result, it just simplified
code of unionfs.
- Added whiteout behavior option. ``-o whiteout=always'' is
default mode(it is established practice) and
``-o whiteout=whenneeded'' is less disk-space using mode
especially for resource restricted environments like embedded
environments. (Contributed by Ed Schouten. Thanks)
- Fixed a mtx lock issue happened with nullfs.
- Fixed lock issues around unionfs.
- Added NULL check code pointed out by Coverity. (Pointed out
by Stanislav Sedov. Thanks)
The documents of those unionfs patches:
Request for Test:
Unionfs lovers including FreeSBIE developers, ports cluster managers,
heavy memory-fs users and folks use unionfs, could you try p19 please?
I have plan to commit unionfs-p19-20070504.diff to -current after
received unionfs users responses.
I am going to join BSDCan 2007. Lets meet at Ottawa, Canada :)
Daichi GOTO, http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi
More information about the freebsd-current